Rough 1st year plans for hot pepper business:
- Plant 5 Jalapeno seeds indoors mid March using empty water bottles, and empty pop bottle to keep humidity in. Use direct light from window.
- Plant 5 Jalapeno seeds outdoor when min temperature is 15C
- If neither grow, harvest 1 Jalapeno from personal crop and collect seeds.
- Test seeds for germination
- Keep ~50 seeds, sell the rest.
- With profits, purchase new pepper seeds, equipment, etc.
- Next year, use seeds and sow indoors or direct (whichever had best outcome). If enough profits, purchase grow light.
- Seeds: Early Jalapeno Peppers – FREE
- Seedling Pots: Empty half water bottles (holes on bottom for drainage) – FREE
- Mature Pots: 1 Gallon Milk Jugs (not ideal, but no cost) – FREE
- Soil: From yard – FREE
- Water: Collected from Rain Barrel – FREE
- Fertilizer: Fish Aquarium Water – FREE
- Total: FREE
Year 2 purchases:
- Grow light + Electricty cost ~$25
- Seeds: Trinidad Scorpion, West Indies Red, Scotch Bonnet MOA – CARDI Import ~$12
- Potting Soil ~$4
- Larger mature pots (3 gallon min) ~ $16
- Latex Gloves ~ $3
- Estimated Total: $60